Well folks, this is another edition of the CNS for March 11 2012. Next week Ralph will be back form Venice and his cantankerous take on the news will be your to enjoy again. As for today, I have a couple of things for you. I didn’t dig as deep for news because, again, the news is just depressing.
Lets get started with: Outdoor urinator sues Google Streetview after being caught in the act
Now this is rather funny. Google street view is fun to play with, we have used it to map out our trips to Disneyland in the past, and to see what our house looked like 3 years ago. I have read stories about people flashing the camera and trying to get their body parts shown to the world. But can’t a man pee in his driveway in peace?? Apparently not.
You know, I wholeheartedly support our troops but this makes me wonder. What was the provocation and why are we treated to one side of the story and a sterile “we are looking into it” response? I have to believe there was a reason and not just wanton slaughter.
It seems that SXSW is now Big Brother…I sense the government behind this somewhere.
It is the end of another era. Another reminder of how things come and go, and how we are all destined for a scrapyard somewhere.
Raise your hand if you think that this story was chosen just so I could get the word ‘testicle’ in a post! All of you? Correct. I couldn’t pass up a carnival for testicles story. Sure it is a good cause but I think I would be uncomfortable being there. All I can think of is that game where you pound the lever with a hammer and try to hit the bell on top…smashing a testicle and shooting the thing up a giant penis toward the gong….
If you look, there is not anything related to a testicle at this thing.
And finally, Ralph sent me this story, it hit him even in Venice.
My mixed feelings for this story have had me debating for 3 days. First of all, this sounds like a bad idea. I don’t want my kids eating Pink Slime. It sounds like something they dump on you when you get a question wrong in that game show. Then you see the process. Even that has good and bad with it. Use all the meat possible- Good. That meat being fit for dogs until liberally doused with Ammonia? Bad. This is exactly why my kids don’t get to eat school lunch anymore.
And it is all legal and sanctioned by the USDA, a government agency that is supposed to help us avoid things like this. Check out some of the other links below about pink slime and prepare to be outraged. Where is the FDA in all this? We can’t get lifesaving medications approved for use in this country, ones that have been helping Europeans for years, but we can let our kids eat this crap???
I want to backhand someone.
Tell the USDA: Don’t buy any more pink slime for school lunches. Click here to automatically sign the petition.
Have a good week folks.
- Coot’s News Service-February 12, 2012 Venice is freezing! (cantankerousoldcoots.com)
- Coot’s News Service Bi-Continental Edition (cantankerousoldcoots.com)
- Travel Like a Coot (cantankerousoldcoots.com)
- “Pink Slime,” Rejected by Fast-Food Giants, Shows Up in School Lunches (hungrylindsay.wordpress.com)
- Pink Slime For School Lunch (disclose.tv)
- What You Need To Know About “Pink Slime” (collegecandy.com)
- Voluntarily Removed from Fast Food Burgers, The USDA Still Plans to Serve “Pink Slime” to Kids in School Lunches (now1031.cbslocal.com)
- Pink Slime Bad For McDonalds: Feed It To Your Kids In Government school Lunches (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- 5 Uses For Pink Slime (gangsgoonsandgunz.rahrahrecords.com)
- Food Safety Advocates Defend Pink Slime (huffingtonpost.com)